Sunday, December 7, 2008

Shop started!

Well, the Holiday bazaar was a bit of a success. It wasn't really an appropriate venue for my things, or my mother's. We both had hand-crafted things to sell, and the other 5 tables were White Elephant type sellers. Obviously we had to charge a bit more for a hand-woven scarf than a scented candle no one wanted. Even so, I sold one scarf and passed out lots of cards with my Ravelry.com and Etsy.com information.

Now I'm posting links to my Etsy store as many places as possible. I'm so excited that people liked my scarves. The one that sold was a lovely blue variegated that I wove in twill. It got enough attention that I may go get more of that colorway and work up another, maybe in plain weave this time so it will be different. I also had a pleasant discovery when listing these items: one of the yarns I used was 100% merino superwash wool! I had thought it was like many sock yarns (since I had found it in that section) and contained a small amount of nylon. It's very exciting to know that this yarn is not only 100% natural fiber, but merino- my favorite kind of wool!

So my store is: http://ladiekae.etsy.com

Last weekend my partner asked me if I thought I could actually make my passion for crafting profitable- or at least sustainable, meaning that I could sell enough to cover the cost of making things. Before the end of the day, I had filled out all the information on Etsy (not yet posted anything pictures though), created business cards and a logo (which is just Word clipart). He just shook his head, laughed with me and is excited at the potential here.

So go look! There's only 5 scarves there now. I'm sharing the store with my sister and mother, and I'll be posting their creations soon.

No comments: