Saturday, November 29, 2008

New Endeavor

Next Sunday (12/5) I have the opportunity to be a seller at a craft fair. My sister has made dozens upon dozens of crocheted hats and scarves, I will be offering some of my woven scarves. I've been scouring Etsy.com to see if there will be any kind of market for this kind of thing if I want to keep going. It seems there is :) This is extremely exciting. I'm hoping to sell enough to cover my costs plus a little extra to purchase yarn for the next round.

I'll be setting up my Etsy store after the fair. Whatever I don't sell there will either be put up on Etsy or given away as gifts... or kept for myself ;) I made sure I liked and could wear all of the colors of yarn I bought- just in case I get stuck with them.

Right now my camera is in Maine, so it'll take a few days for me to upload pictures of my latest creations. I think I need to name them. I have one that's all various shades of gray. I think I'm going to call it "Colorblind". That's how my dad describes seeing blue and green next to each other. The next one I've got planned is shade of red and maroon. I can't name it til it's been made and shown me what it wants to be. My friend thinks that all handmade objects have their own personality and identity that is hidden until the object is completed. I must say I've come to agree :)

No comments: