Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My first pattern!!


I finally wrote out directions for the neckwarmer I made last week. I even made it all pretty with pictures and my loyal teddy bear modeling for me. I tried to take some with me modeling it, but between little sleep, little make up and terrible back-lighting this is the best one I came up with :P

This is also after creating the .PDF and realizing that I had mistakes in it. Oh well- it's all done :)

Very exciting for me. I doubt anyone will use it, but I figured I might as well put it out there. I always like free simple patterns.

I'm a bit distracted at the moment so this is going to be a really short post. I'll figure out where to put the PDF pattern later...


The text is as follows:

Gauge: 5-6 st per inch- not critical
Materials:
Less than 100 yards of worsted weight yarn (Patons Classic Merino)
3 buttons
US Size 7 needles
Pattern:
Row 1: k2 (p2 k2)* to end
Row 2: k4 (p2 k2)* to last 4 st, k4
Row 3: k2 (p2, sl 1, k1 yo, psso both k and yo)* to last 4 st, p2 k2
Row 4: k4 (p2 k2)* to last 4 st, k4
Row 5: k2 (p2 k2)* to end
Row 6: k4 (p2 k2)* to last 4 st, k4
Row 7: k2 (p2, sl 1, k1 yo, psso both k and yo)* to last 4 st, p2 k2
Row 8: k4 (p2 k2)* to last 4 st, k4
CO 34
Work in pattern for 20 inches.
Work Ribbing and buttonholes as follows:
4 rows k1 p1 ribbing
Buttonhole row 1: k p k p k p, BO 3, k p k p k p k, BO 3, k p k p k p k, BO 3, k p k p k
Buttonhole row 2: k p k p k p, CO 3, k p k p k p k, CO 3, k p k p k p k, CO 3, k p k p k
Work ribbing 2 more rows, BO in pattern
Sew buttons into place. Blocking is recommended.
Abbreviations:
CO: cast on
BO: Bind Off
Sl 1: Slip one stitch knit-wise
PSSO: pass slipped stitch over

1 comment:

babyboxermom said...

Ok, Miss Thang, I am using your pattern found on ravelry. I'm a pretty new knitter so wish me luck!