Monday, July 20, 2009

It's my birthday!

So far I've spent the day knitting with my new yarn. I got a birthday coupon for Large Marge's and bought so much fun yarn! I have to take pictures of all of it- and will describe what each bit will become once I do. The first thing I started working on though is another version of the La Mer wrap. I'm knitting it using Universal's Flax yarn- which is linen. This is my first time working with linen- it's fuzzy! I'm amazed at pink glow that is on my shorts from working with this yarn. It's a lovely shade that's a cross between raspberry and watermelon- perfect for summer over my new black dress!

I've also warped 2 things for the loom: new brushed suri alpaca (feels like a cloud) and my leftover Elsebeth Lavold silky wool. I'm making an effort to go through all my leftover yarn and decide what to do with it. Not my stash- but all the extra skeins I have from my first few projects when I was given such wonderful advice at the first yarn shop I tried to make my home. At least I've given all this yarn enough time and I think it's pretty again :P

In the world of patterns, I've finished the pattern for my hunny's socks and am almost finished the next pattern. I have to work up the second sock for it before I post the pattern- or at least make a gauntlet instead.

Apologies to anyone reading this who has no idea what I'm talking about. It's all about yarn today because I don't feel like thinking about anything serious. It is my birthday after all!

No comments: