Sunday, January 11, 2009

Currently on the loom:

So here is my latest loom project. It's been a bear to get started. This only shows two repeats of the pattern. The threading was a 20 thread repeat, the footwork is a 26 row repeat. It's quite a bit to keep track of. I've only been working one repeat at a time.


I think it's coming out pretty. You can see the pattern fairly well in this shot. Since I'm using the same yarn as warp and weft, the result looks almost embossed. I'm hoping to finish it in a week or so. I don't have the patience to do much with it for long. I work maybe 3 repeats, then have to walk away and do something else. So it's much slower going than anything else I've done before. But it's certainly been a growing experience!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

That's beautiful...and I'm not really a fan of pink either. ;)